Why women spend lots of time deciding what to wear?


Women will spend almost one year of their lives deciding what to wear, a study found.
Choosing outfits for work, nights out, dinner parties, holidays, gym and other activities means the average female will spend 287 days rifling through their wardrobe.

The biggest chunk of that time is used up picking a killer ensemble for Friday or Saturday nights out or selecting the right clothes for a holiday.
Experts found on average women spend 16 minutes every weekday morning deciding what to wear and around 14 minutes on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

A spokesman for clothes giant Matalan, which compiled the results after polling 2,491 women, said: "What you wear has a direct impact on how you feel about yourself and it is important a woman feels exceptional in her outfit.

"Whatever the occasion your clothes portray an image and we understand this is fundamentally important to women."



The study - which was based on an adult lifetime from the age of 16 to 60 - found most women will spend around 20 minutes deciding what to wear before hitting the town on a weekend night.

Week nights out can take up to 20 minutes a time too.

Deciding on what clothes to take on holiday uses up to 52 minutes each time.

While on holiday, ten minutes a morning will be taken up trying to find an acceptable outfit with another ten minutes spent picking evening clothes.

On top of that dinner parties, Christmas parties and black tie events - at around 36 minutes a time six times a year - adds up to three and a half days.

The study also found on average women will try on two outfits each morning before coming to a final decision. And one in two women spend 15 minutes the night before work working out what to wear.

 

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:54 PM

    When we talk of real estate investment it does not always
    mean building property, it may be vacant sites or other commercial spaces also.

    1) Start by accessing the available and free Word listing templates offered
    at Microsoft Office Online. If you enjoyed this article, click the subscribe button above to receive
    email updates when a new article is published.

    Here is my website PUERTO VALLARTA REAL ESTATE | REAL ESTATE PUERTO VALLARTA

  2. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:35 AM

    Quality posts is the crucial to invite the people to go
    to see the site, that's what this web site is providing.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post: flappy bird cheat apple

  3. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:51 PM

    I'm really inspired along with your writing abilities and
    also with the structure for your blog. Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it your self?
    Either way stay up the nice high quality writing, it is rare to look a great blog like this one today..


    Here is my web page :: Candy Crush Hack ()

  4. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:01 AM

    Thanks for a marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.
    I will remember to bookmark your blog and will come back very soon. I want to
    encourage that you continue your great posts, have a nice evening!


    Here is my web-site - payless shoes

  5. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:20 AM

    Finally, the part I like best, number of deaths is not recorded in Yakuza Lords.
    "I have read this book and I must say I have never read anything like it. Before you buy it, search the Internet or speak to a sales clerk to make certain.

    Have a look at my weblog ... Clash of Clans HackClash of Clans CheatsClash of Clans BotClash of
    Clans Free GemsClash of Clans Unlimited Gems

  6. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    4:15 PM

    Its like you learn my mind! You seem to know a lot apprroximately this, like you wrote the e book in it or something.
    I feel that you can do with some p.c. to drive thee message house a
    little bit, but instead of that, this is excellent blog.
    A great read. I will certainly be back.

    Also visit my weblog; soul guardians age of midgard

  7. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:02 PM

    Amazing issues here. I am very satisfied to look your article.
    Thank you so much and I am taking a look forward to contact you.
    Will you kindly drop me a mail?

    Here is my web page :: green coffee programreviews

  8. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    7:19 PM

    Howdy just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of
    the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure
    why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two
    different web browsers and both show the same outcome.


    Feel free to visit my blog ... garcinia cambogia for weight loss

  9. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    11:38 AM

    This is a topic which is close to my heart... Take care!
    Exactly where are your contact details though?



    my site; plumbers in Melbourne ()

  10. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:19 AM

    I don't know whether it's just me or if everyone else experiencing problems with
    your site. It seems like some of the text in your content
    are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let
    me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a issue with my browser because I've had this happen previously.
    Cheers

    Also visit my web blog ... colon cleanse diets [tv-gratuite.org]

  11. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:55 AM

    This design is spectacular! You certainly know how to keep
    a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Excellent job.
    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that,
    how you presented it. Too cool!

    Here is my web page :: candy crush cheats jailbreak (Www.Facebook.com)

  12. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    5:22 AM

    Thanks to my father who shared with me about this web
    site, this web site is really awesome.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage: somatodrol funciona ()

  13. Blogger rosy smith said,

    6:17 PM


    Everyone loves what you guys are up too. Such clever work and exposure! Keep up the fantastic works guys

    Menopause, Beginning Symptoms Stages and Treatment

  14. Blogger rosy smith said,

    6:17 PM


    Everyone loves what you guys are up too. Such clever work and exposure! Keep up the fantastic works guys

    Menopause, Beginning Symptoms Stages and Treatment

14 Comments:

Post a Comment