International Women's Day: Wolf-whistling 'to be made illegal'

Wolf-whistling will technically be made illegal under European laws set to be signed by David Cameron today.



The prime minister chose International Women's Day to sign a Council of Europe convention promising "necessary legislative measures” against anyone committing “verbal, non-verbal or physical sexual harassment”.

The convention outlaws anything which violates "the dignity of a person, in particular when creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment”.

Many women's groups welcomed the move but there was concern the law will criminalise less serious behaviour, such as wolf-whistling and flirtation.

The convention has already been signed by 18 other countries, including Germany, France Spain, Norway, Sweden and Finland.

It would allow people who rape or seriously harm women to be prosecuted in this country if charges are not brought abroad – something currently only possible for murder and child abuse.

It also carries sections related to female genital mutilation, forced marriage and forced abortions.

The government is also introducing a separate law against stalking today.

 

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:23 PM

    I will right away clutch your rss as I can't in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please permit me know so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

    my weblog; profab.ca

  2. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:43 AM

    What's up, just wanted to mention, I liked this article. It was helpful. Keep on posting!

    Check out my weblog Wholesale NFL Jerseys

  3. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:51 PM

    Ahaa, its good dialogue regarding this post at this place
    at this website, I have read all that, so at
    this time me also commenting at this place.

    Check out my web page - cheap jerseys

  4. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:08 AM

    Great goods from you, man. I have have in mind your stuff prior to and you're simply too fantastic. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the best way in which you are saying it. You're making it
    entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible.

    I can not wait to learn much more from you. This is really a wonderful
    website.

    Here is my web-site :: Mario Lemieux Black Jersey

  5. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:03 PM

    You actually make it appear so easy along with your presentation however I to find this matter to be actually
    something that I feel I would by no means understand.
    It kind of feels too complicated and extremely wide for me.
    I am looking ahead to your next put up, I will attempt to get the cling of
    it!

    Review my website - http://wealthwayonline.com/airjordanpascher.html

  6. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:05 PM

    I was suggested this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You're incredible!
    Thanks!

    Here is my website :: Louis Vuitton Handbags

  7. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:27 PM

    Nice post. I was checking continuously this weblog
    and I'm inspired! Extremely helpful info specially the ultimate section :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular info for a long time. Thanks and good luck.

    Review my blog post Wholesale Jerseys

  8. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:08 PM

    Fantastic goods from you, man. I've remember your stuff previous to and you're just too magnificent.
    I really like what you've received right here, really like what you're stating and
    the best way through which you say it. You make it entertaining and you
    still take care of to stay it wise. I cant wait to learn far more
    from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

    Here is my web page: Cheap Jerseys

  9. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:53 PM

    I am actually happy to glance at this weblog posts which contains tons
    of helpful information, thanks for providing such statistics.



    Here is my page ... Abercrombie and Fitch

  10. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    5:35 AM

    Hi! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?
    My site addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and
    I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free
    to shoot me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Excellent blog by the way!

    Look into my blog: NFL Cheap Jerseys

  11. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    11:27 PM

    bookmarked!!, I really like your website!

    my page; Converse Basse

  12. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    3:43 PM

    Having read this I thought it was very enlightening. I appreciate you finding the time
    and effort to put this content together. I once again find myself spending a lot of time both reading and commenting.
    But so what, it was still worthwhile!

    Here is my page; Sidney Crosby Black Jersey

  13. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    3:14 AM

    Hi there mates, its enormous paragraph on the topic of cultureand entirely explained, keep it up all the time.


    Also visit my web blog ... source

  14. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:51 AM

    What's up to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are fastidious for new visitors.

    Feel free to surf to my web site; get more info

  15. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:57 AM

    It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

    Here is my blog post :: Borse Gucci Ufficiale

  16. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    5:33 PM

    This piece of writing is actually a nice one it assists new
    internet visitors, who are wishing for blogging.


    Look at my website ... Abercrombie France

  17. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:05 AM

    Hello to all, it's actually a nice for me to go to see this website, it contains priceless Information.

    My web-site Michael Kors Canada

  18. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:32 AM

    Thankfulness to my father who informed me concerning this webpage, this webpage is in fact remarkable.


    Feel free to surf to my web blog ... Louis Vuitton Outlet

  19. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:43 PM

    Incredible points. Solid arguments. Keep up the good effort.


    Look at my web site ... Evgeni Malkin Jersey Authentic Evgeni Malkin Jersey Evgeni Malkin Authentic Jersey Evgeni Malkin Black Jersey Evgeni Malkin Authentic Jersey

  20. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    6:04 AM

    Hey there! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.

    Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking
    and checking back frequently!

    My blog :: Louis Vuitton Outlet

  21. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    6:04 AM

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I
    am waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.


    Here is my blog Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags

  22. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    3:57 PM

    When someone writes an post he/she retains the thought of a user in his/her brain that how a user can understand
    it. Thus that's why this paragraph is great. Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my page; Abercrombie and Fitch

  23. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:47 PM

    We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.

    Your website offered us with helpful information to
    work on. You've done a formidable task and our whole neighborhood will probably be thankful to you.

    Also visit my website ... NFL Jerseys Cheap

  24. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:05 PM

    If you want to improve your know-how just keep visiting this web site and
    be updated with the newest gossip posted here.


    Here is my blog: Louis Vuitton Outlet

  25. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:12 PM

    Greetings from Florida! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get
    home. I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .
    . Anyways, superb site!

    my site; Abercrombie and Fitch

  26. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    5:26 PM

    Unquestionably believe that which you said.
    Your favorite justification appeared to be on the net the easiest
    thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they
    plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

    Here is my web-site Sac Louis Vuitton

  27. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:44 PM

    Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than
    just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and everything.
    However think of if you added some great pictures or video clips to give your posts more,
    "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and video clips, this site could certainly
    be one of the greatest in its niche. Fantastic blog!

    Feel free to surf to my page ... russian pointe shoes

  28. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    10:55 PM

    Good web site you have here.. It's hard to find high quality writing like yours nowadays. I honestly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    Here is my web page: Kris Letang Black Jersey

  29. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:56 PM

    Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment
    didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyhow, just wanted to say superb blog!

    Take a look at my site :: Mulberry Bags

  30. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    5:19 PM

    It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.
    I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!

    Review my homepage :: Gafas Oakley Baratas

  31. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:36 PM

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on adaptor. Regards

    Look into my weblog: Michael Kors Handbags

  32. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:17 AM

    Hi, its nice paragraph concerning media print, we all be aware of media is a enormous source
    of data.

    Here is my page - Sac a main Guess

  33. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    6:58 AM

    Hi there, this weekend is pleasant in support of me,
    since this moment i am reading this great informative post here at my residence.



    Here is my web site; Michael Kors Bags

  34. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    7:20 AM

    I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.

    Also visit my web page - Chaussure De Foot

  35. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:07 AM

    It's in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    Here is my site ... Air Max Pas Cher

  36. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    3:51 PM

    Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just extremely
    great. I actually like what you have acquired here,
    certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it.

    You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart.
    I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually
    a wonderful web site.

    Stop by my web blog :: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags

  37. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:34 PM

    I am curious to find out what blog system you happen to be using?
    I'm experiencing some minor security problems with my latest website and I would like to find something more secure. Do you have any solutions?

    My web site: Chaussure Air Jordan

  38. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:19 AM

    Asking questions are truly good thing if you are not understanding anything entirely, but this
    article presents pleasant understanding yet.

    Feel free to visit my web site ... tedxyse.com

  39. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    7:06 AM

    Good day! I just wish to offer you a huge thumbs up for the
    great info you have right here on this post. I am
    coming back to your blog for more soon.

    My website; Home Page

  40. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    3:27 AM

    Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a weblog site?
    The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny
    bit familiar of this your broadcast provided bright transparent concept

    my web-site - continue reading

  41. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:59 AM

    I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.


    Check out my page :: Air Max

  42. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:09 PM

    I am genuinely glad to read this website posts
    which consists of tons of helpful data, thanks for
    providing these statistics.

    my webpage; Cheap Oakley Sunglasses

  43. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:55 PM

    I'm impressed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog that's equally educative and
    entertaining, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which too few people are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very happy I stumbled across this
    during my hunt for something concerning this.

    my homepage; More hints

  44. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    7:06 PM

    each time i used to read smaller content which as well clear their motive, and that is also happening with this
    post which I am reading at this time.

    Here is my site - visit this link

  45. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    7:46 PM

    My relatives every time say that I am killing my time here at web, but I know I
    am getting experience daily by reading thes fastidious articles or reviews.


    My web page ... Louis Vuitton Purses Outlet

  46. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    5:50 AM

    Hi everyone, it's my first go to see at this website, and piece of writing is really fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting these types of articles or reviews.

    My homepage - Click This Link

  47. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:50 PM

    Hello Dear, are you really visiting this web page on a regular basis, if so after that you will without
    doubt take good know-how.

    My web-site Recommended Reading (www.espktn.org)

  48. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:41 PM

    Hello, just wanted to mention, I liked this article. It was funny.

    Keep on posting!

    my page - Get the Facts

  49. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:06 AM

    Hi, i feel that i saw you visited my weblog so i came
    to go back the want?.I'm trying to find issues to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to make use of a few of your ideas!!

    Here is my web-site ... Sac Louis Vuitton

  50. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:05 PM

    What i don't understood is actually how you are now not really a lot more neatly-favored than you might be now. You are very intelligent. You know thus significantly in terms of this subject, produced me individually believe it from a lot of varied angles. Its like women and men are not involved except it's one thing to
    do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent. All the time handle it up!


    my web site :: Air Max Pas Cher

  51. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:21 PM

    Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe that this amazing site needs much more
    attention. I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the information!

    Also visit my weblog: Air Jordan

  52. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    6:01 AM

    Hello are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set
    up my own. Do you need any coding expertise to
    make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!


    My weblog :: Sac Louis Vuitton

  53. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:16 AM

    Amazing! Its in fact amazing piece of writing, I have got much clear idea on the topic
    of from this post.

    Here is my site: Sac Louis Vuitton

  54. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    7:17 PM

    This info is invaluable. When can I find out more?

    Feel free to surf to my page; Borse Gucci

  55. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:23 AM

    I got this site from my friend who told me about this site and now this time I am visiting this site
    and reading very informative posts here.

    Also visit my homepage - Low Nike Blazers

  56. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:02 PM

    Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Taking the time and actual effort to
    make a superb article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole
    lot and don't manage to get nearly anything done.

    Also visit my weblog - Nike Air Max

  57. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:02 AM

    This design is spectacular! You obviously know how
    to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your
    videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
    ..HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to say, and more
    than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

    Stop by my homepage ... Air Max Pas Cher

  58. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    4:17 AM

    Hi there I am so happy I found your webpage, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Aol for
    something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say
    thank you for a fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love
    the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all
    at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
    be back to read much more, Please do keep up the superb jo.


    Here is my web blog ... Chaussures Foot

  59. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    6:20 AM

    Useful information. Fortunate me I discovered your website by accident,
    and I am shocked why this twist of fate did not took place earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

    my web site; Mulberry Outlet

  60. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    6:42 AM

    I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your website. It appears like some of the written text in your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This could be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen before.

    Kudos

    Check out my page :: Air Max 1 :: ::

  61. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    7:16 PM

    Hi, just wanted to tell you, I liked this blog post.
    It was helpful. Keep on posting!

    Also visit my web site: Air Jordan

  62. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:46 PM

    Appreciating the dedication you put into your website and detailed information you present.
    It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed information.
    Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm
    adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

    Look into my web page :: Michael Kors

  63. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    10:13 PM

    Nice blog here! Also your web site loads up fast!
    What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host?
    I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

    Also visit my homepage continue

  64. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    10:30 PM

    You have made some good points there. I checked on the web
    for additional information about the issue and found most
    people will go along with your views on this web site.


    Here is my site - Read Full Article

  65. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    4:08 PM

    Wow, that's what I was exploring for, what a material! present here at this webpage, thanks admin of this site.

    My web site Air Jordan Femme

  66. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    5:08 PM

    It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I may just I desire to recommend you some attention-grabbing things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles relating to this article. I desire to read even more issues approximately it!

    my weblog :: discount nfl jerseys

66 Comments:

Post a Comment