If your body look like this picture you better start Walking
We recommend walking as exercise since it costs nothing, requires no partner and expensive gadgets, but will burn nearly the same calories as jogging. It does not burden the body and if done in a calm surroundings like a park or country road will let off the tension in your mind and body.
Before you use walking as exercise
1) Make sure you do not eat an hour before going out for a walk. Digesting takes a lot of energy from the body.
If you exercise right away after eating, you are going to overburden yourself. Fruits or juices are okay since they do not tax the system as much.
2) Exercise alone will not make you healthy. No amount of walking or jogging will help the body if you do not eat properly or in love with cigarettes and alcohol. Jim Fixx, considered to be the father of running, died in his 50 s although he ran everyday. Why? Because 3 arteries from his heart were found to be severely blocked.
3) It does not really matter when you do it. Although we acknowledge that an early morning walk is better because the air is significantly fresher, for people who only have the afternoon to do it, it is okay.
4) Avoid busy roads. You need fresh air and green calming surroundings. The aim is to relax the mind as well as exercising the body. If you are taking more carbon dioxide than oxygen, you are harming your body. So, find a nice, green place.
How to do it
Actually, because the human body is designed to walk, no one should be taught how to do it. However, for walking as exercise to give more impact, this is our recommendation: -
1. Get at least 30 minutes walk everyday. Keep your pace at 3 to 5 miles an hour.
2. Vary your routes so that you are not walking on flat ground.
3. If you cannot maintain brisk pace, this is what you should do. Alternate between a 2 minutes brisk walk with a more comfortable pace for the next 2 minutes. After that 2 minutes “rest”, pick up your pace again. If you can maintain brisk walk, do it for approximately 20 minutes.